We would like to ask for your help in finding and nominating promising young scholars to join the Young Academy of Europe (YAE). We would very much like for the YAE to grow in numbers and in strength, and ensure that we include members from all fields and countries.
Do you know any young scholars that fit the following criteria? If so, we implore you to put them forward for nomination. We are particularly keen for nominations from under-represented and new Associated Countries, which are Albania, Armenia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey and Ukraine.
- Outstanding researchers whose scientific excellence at the international level has been recognised by European or national funding bodies
- Have a wide interest in science and science policy at the European level
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities
- Are presently carrying out research in the European Union or an associated country
- Have obtained their doctoral degree no longer than 12 years ago (credit is given for childcare – 12 months per child for women, actual time taken off for men – and national service).
If you are unsure of the suitability of a prospective candidate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to put someone up for nomination, please fill out the nomination form, which is the only means of nominating new members. Nominations will be assessed by the YAE Selection Committee on a rolling basis throughout the year. Prospective members may nominate themselves or may be nominated by a current member of the YAE, the Academia Europaea (AE), or the board of any European National Young Academy (ENYA).
The nomination documents (PDF format, preferably submitted as one merged file) should contain:
- Application form;
- Brief curriculum vitae, including a list of most important publications (max. 3 pages);
- Statement of interest indicating, among others, the intended participation in one or more of the activities of the YAE (1–2 pages);
- Letters of support from two current members of either the YAE, AE, or a ENYA board, working in two different countries;
- Copy of the candidate’s doctorate certificate (important!).
At the discretion of the Selection Committee, one of the two supporters may be a member of another prestigious academy, and other requirements can in exceptional cases be adapted. Since we do require recommendation letters, you can also help by writing one if you are approached to do so.
We thank you all in advance with helping the YAE to grow and enabling a voice for the young to build a strong future European research strategy.