The Young Academy of Europe is a bottom-up initiative of a dynamic and innovative group of recognised European young scientists with outspoken views about science and science policy.
The key aims of the Young Academy of Europe are to:
- provide advice and feedback on science policy across Europe, from a “younger” perspective
- involve top young scientists in the future European research strategy, such as Long Range Plans and ESF Roadmaps
- promote evidence-based policy across all European countries
- support other young scientists in Europe in their further development and in thinking strategically about the future of their own discipline
- create and foster a network of top young researchers across the disciplines in Europe.
The YAE seeks to widen participation across Europe and across the research domains.